English Muffin and Asparagus Bake
orange, yellow or red sweet pepper
cup half-and-half, or milk
teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
teaspoon curry powder
tablespoon olive oil
ounces thin asparagus spears, trimmed
cup fresh sugar snap pea pods, trimmed
cup red or yellow cherry tomatoes
English muffins, split and halved
ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, or 1 cup shredded mozzarella
cup small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice bottom half of pepper into thin rings; seed and chop remaining pepper. Set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, half-and-half, mustard, lemon pepper seasoning, curry powder and salt; set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick oven-going skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus spears; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bright green. Remove with tongs; set aside. Add chopped sweet pepper and pea pods; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Cook until tomato skins begin to pop. Arrange muffin pieces on top of vegetables. Slowly pour egg mixture over all, making sure to saturate muffin pieces. Top with asparagus spears, pressing lightly with the back of spoon.
- Transfer to oven. Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Top with pepper rings and cheese. Turn oven to broil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden brown, cheese is melted, and eggs are set.
- Loosen edges and carefully slide onto serving platter. Cut in wedges to serve. Top with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(English Muffin and Asparagus Bake)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal cal.,
- 18 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 375 mg chol.,
- 525 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet