Upload your photo here.
Debbie Shore's Pepper Avocado Omelet
- Roast poblano pepper (directions below); set aside. In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; gently swirl to spread eggs to edge of skillet.
- When eggs begin to bubble, sprinkle with poblano, avocado, and jalapeno.
- When omelet is very lightly brown at edges, add cheese. With spatula loosen egg from sides; fold half the omelet over filling.
- Season with black pepper and crushed red pepper. Serve with Fresh Tomato Compote and toast.
From the Test Kitchen
To Roast Pepper:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Halve pepper lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Place halves, cut sides down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes. Wrap pepper in foil; let stand 10 minutes. Gently pull off skin in strips, using a sharp knife to help loosen. Makes 2 servings.
Fresh Tomato Compote
- In medium skillet heat olive oil. Add 1 onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add halved cherry tomatoes, parsley, salt and ground black pepper. Heat through, serve with omelet.
Nutrition Facts (Debbie Shore's Pepper Avocado Omelet)
- Per serving:
- 509 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 262 mg chol.,
- 703 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet