- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 375°F
Nonstick cooking spray
cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with peppers and onion
clove garlic, minced
cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 6 eggs, beaten
cup fat-free milk
tablespoon snipped fresh basil
teaspoon ground black pepper
tablespoon olive oil
ounce Italian bread shell (Boboli)
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
cup shredded fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add potatoes and garlic. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, milk, the 1 tablespoon snipped basil, the salt, and pepper. Add oil to skillet; add egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge. Using a large spatula, lift and fold partially cooked egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
- To assemble pizza, place the bread shell on a large baking sheet or a 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the bread shell. Top with cooked egg mixture, tomatoes, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup shredded basil. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts (Breakfast Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 233 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 579 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet