- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 - 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, strings and tips removed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 inches sourdough bread slices (about 5x4-inch rectangles)
- 2 eggs
1. In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-low heat. Add snap peas and tomatoes; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender and tomatoes are heated through. Stir in dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet; cover and keep warm.
2. In the same skillet heat another 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Brush both sides of bread slices with the remaining 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Cut or tear a hole in the center of each slice, leaving about 1/2 inch of bread around the edges. Place bread slices in hot skillet. Break an egg into the center of each bread slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms of bread are golden. Using a spatula, turn bread over; cook about 2 minutes more or until eggs are desired doneness. Serve with vegetable mixture.
- Servings Per Recipe 2,
- cal. (kcal) 236,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 212,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 20,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 10,
- sodium (mg) 376,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet