Make a trip to the garden or fresh outdoor market for a basketful of vegetables and herbs to make this summer pizza recipe.
0 did it
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Grill: 9 mins
- Brush zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper halves with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place vegetables on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
- Chop the grilled vegetables. In a medium bowl combine chopped vegetables, tomato, mayonnaise, pesto, basil, and oregano. Place tortillas on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted on one side. Turn tortillas over and spread the vegetable mixture over the toasted sides of tortillas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes more or until tortillas are lightly toasted, vegetables are just heated, and cheese begins to melt. Carefully remove from grill. To serve, cut into quarters. Makes 8 servings.
- To use a charcoal grill, prepare vegetables as above. Grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Prepare topping as above. Grill tortillas directly over medium coals for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn, spread with vegetable mixture, and grill 2 to 3 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts (Vegetable Pizzas)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 13 mg chol.,
- 342 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet