- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 small red sweet pepper, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano
- 4 6 - 7 inches flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozarella or smoked provolone cheese
1. Brush zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper halves with olive oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place vegetables on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
2. Chop the grilled vegetables. In a medium bowl combine chopped vegetables, tomato, mayonnaise, pesto, basil, and oregano. Place tortillas on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted on one side. Turn tortillas over and spread the vegetable mixture over the toasted sides of tortillas. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
3. Cover and grill for 2 to 3 minutes more or until tortillas are lightly toasted, vegetables are just heated, and cheese begins to melt. Carefully remove from grill. To serve, cut into quarters. Makes 8 servings.
4. To use a charcoal grill, prepare vegetables as above. Grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Prepare topping as above. Grill tortillas directly over medium coals for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn, spread with vegetable mixture, and grill 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 201,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 13,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 12,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (RE) 206,
- vit. C (mg) 24,
- sodium (mg) 342,
- calcium (mg) 121,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet