Tex-Mex Breakfast Pizza
Nonstick cooking spray
cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
green onions, sliced
canned jalapeno peppers or canned whole green chili peppers, drained, seeded, and chopped
teaspoon ground cumin
clove garlic, minced
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
cup fat-free milk
tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
16 ounce Italian bread shell (Boboli)
cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add the potatoes, green onions, peppers, cumin, and garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl stir together egg product, milk, and cilantro; add to skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge. Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding until egg product is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
- To assemble pizza, place the bread shell on a large baking sheet or a 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the shell. Top with the egg mixture, tomato, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges to serve. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Good Food, Good Health Eating Plan Exchanges:
2 starch, 1 protein.
Nutrition Facts(Tex-Mex Breakfast Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 235 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 424 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 14 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet