- Yields: 20 appetizer servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 8 mins 450°F
Sweet Onion Pizza
tablespoon olive oil
large sweet onions (such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, or Maui), thinly sliced (about 2-1/4 pounds)
10 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
15 ounce carton part-skim ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon ground white pepper
cup oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and snipped
cup snipped fresh parsley
- In large skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter melts. Add onions and sugar; cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until onions are golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grease a large cookie sheet; unroll pizza dough onto cookie sheet. Press dough to 15x10-inch rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough. Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and white pepper. Carefully spread over mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Top with onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Makes 20 appetizer servings.
From the Test Kitchen
1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Onion Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 161 mg sodium,
- 13 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet