This Mediterranean-style omelet is ideal for a leisurely weekend breakfast. And it's low in cholesterol because it's made with refrigerated egg product.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
dash ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
cup sliced fresh mushrooms
medium onion, chopped
teaspoons olive oil or canola oil
cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, salt, and pepper; set aside. Lightly coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion to hot skillet; cook and stir until onion is tender. Remove vegetables from skillet; set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to skillet; heat over medium heat. Add half of the egg mixture to skillet and immediately begin stirring gently with a wooden or plastic spatula. Stir continuosly until the mixture resembles small pieces of cooked egg surrounded by liquid egg. Stop stirring and cook for 30 to 60 seconds more or until egg mixture is set and shiny.
- Spoon half of the mushroom mixture across one side of the cooked egg mixture. Top with 1 cup of the spinach and 1 tablespoon of the feta cheese. Loosen omelet edge from skillet. Fold unfilled side over the filling. Cook about 1 minute more or just until spinach starts to wilt. Slide omelet onto serving plate; cover and keep warm. Repeat to make a second omelet.
- To serve, sprinkle omelets with the remaining 2 tablespoons feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Spinach-and-Feta Omelet)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 13 mg chol.,
- 562 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Egg Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Egg Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes