"Say, Cheese" Calzone
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a 12-inch pizza pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Press dough onto foil in pan, forming a 12-inch circle.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cheeses. Spoon cheese mixture on 1/2 of the pizza dough. Fold dough over filling to form a half-circle. Seal edges, then use the edge of a spoon to make a decorative edge, if desired. Cut slits for escape of steam.
- Bake in the 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted. Cover with foil after 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Cool on pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat pasta or pizza sauce. Serve the sauce with calzone. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts ("Say, Cheese" Calzone)
- Per serving:
- 428 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 960 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet