- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 7 - 8 ounce jar oil-packed dried tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 15 ounce rounds of Brie, with rind
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh parsley or dried parsley, crushed
- French bread slices cut 1/2-inch thick
1. Drain oil from tomatoes; reserve 3 tablespoons. Coarsely chop enough tomatoes for 1/2 cup.
2. In a large skillet, cook onion in 2 tablespoons reserved oil until tender. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and basil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil; place Brie on foil. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with parsley. Spread tomato mixture over tops. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 5 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake Brie on center oven shelf for 12 to 15 minutes or just until edges melt. Transfer Brie to a serving plate. Serve with bread slices. Makes 20 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 20,
- cal. (kcal) 308,
- Fat, total (g) 16,
- chol. (mg) 42,
- carb. (g) 28,
- sodium (mg) 579,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet