The prep work for this party appetizer can be done in advance. As guests arrive, simply warm the caramelized onion- and tomato-topped brie in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Makes: 20 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Chill: 30 mins to 5 hrs
- Bake: 12 mins to 15 mins 350°F
7 ounce jar oil-packed dried tomatoes
medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
teaspoons finely chopped garlic
cup slivered fresh basil leaves
teaspoon ground black pepper
15 ounce rounds of Brie, with rind
French bread slices cut 1/2-inch thick
- Drain oil from tomatoes; reserve 3 tablespoons. Coarsely chop enough tomatoes for 1/2 cup.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in 2 tablespoons reserved oil until tender. Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and basil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; place Brie on foil. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with parsley. Spread tomato mixture over tops. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake Brie on center oven shelf for 12 to 15 minutes or just until edges melt. Transfer Brie to a serving plate. Serve with bread slices. Makes 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Oozing Brie)
- Per serving:
- 308 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- 42 mg chol.,
- 579 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet