- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 asparagus spears, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into thin, 3-inch-long julienne strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons bottled sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. In a large saucepan cook the asparagus, carrots, and green onions in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 7 to 9 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together sweet-and-sour sauce, orange juice, and ginger; set aside.
3. For egg crepes, beat eggs and water until combined but not frothy. In an 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil until a drop of water sizzles. Lift and tilt skillet to coat sides with oil. Add about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture to skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on bottom and around edge. Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. When mixture is set, but still shiny and moist, remove skillet from heat. Repeat to make two more crepes.
4. Spread about 2 teaspoons sauce onto center of each crepe. Arrange one-third of the vegetables on one-quarter of the crepe. Fold crepe in half over the vegetables; fold in half again. Serve with remaining sauce. Makes 3 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 3,
- cal. (kcal) 223,
- Fat, total (g) 13,
- chol. (mg) 355,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 13,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 12,
- vit. A (RE) 1381,
- vit. C (mg) 15,
- sodium (mg) 188,
- calcium (mg) 50,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet