- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup half-and-half, light cream, or evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted imported Greek olives
- 1/2 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 Orange Pastry Shells (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Stir together egg; flour; half-and-half, cream, or milk; oregano; rosemary; and pepper in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in artichokes, feta cheese, onion, and olives. Fill Orange Pastry Shells with mixture (about 1 tablespoon each). Sprinkle with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
2. Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 5 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 15 minutes more or until puffed and lightly golden. Cool in pans for 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks. Cool. Serve warm or cool. Makes 24.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese or reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter, cream cheese, oange peel and orange juice in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gently stir in whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour and 1salt just until dough forms. Knead the dough with your hands, if necessary to blend in all the flour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Form pastry into twenty-four 1-inch balls; press each ball into a 1-3/4-inch muffin cup, forming an even crust.
- Refrigerate pastry for Orange Pastry Shells, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 3 days.
- cal. (kcal) 82,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 27,
- sat. fat (g) 4,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 132,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet