Lower-Fat Eggs Benedict
cup plain low-fat yogurt
cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
teaspoons skim milk
teaspoon dry mustard
ground red pepper
Nonstick spray coating
ounces Canadian-style bacon (4 slices)
English muffins, split and toasted
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, dry mustard, and ground red pepper; set aside.
- Spray an 8-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating. Fill the skillet halfway with water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat so water is simmering. To poach eggs, break 1 egg into a small dish and slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are just soft-cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Cover; keep warm.
- Cook and stir sauce over low heat just until heated through, but do not boil.
- To serve, top each muffin half with 1 slice bacon, 1 egg, and one-fourth of the sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lower-Fat Eggs Benedict)
- Per serving:
- 254 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- 296 mg chol.,
- 563 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet