- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 1 cup cut broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup finely chopped turkey bacon or turkey ham (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 8 ounce carton refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange hash brown potatoes and broccoli in bottom of baking dish; top with turkey bacon or ham. Set aside.
2. Stir milk gradually into flour in a medium bowl. Stir in egg product, half of the cheese, the snipped or dried basil, and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with fresh basil sprigs. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Assemble as above, but do not bake. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, remove cover and bake as directed above.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 152,
- Fat, total (g) 4,
- chol. (mg) 14,
- sat. fat (g) 0,
- carb. (g) 14,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 13,
- vit. A (RE) 134,
- vit. C (mg) 10,
- sodium (mg) 359,
- calcium (mg) 141,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Starch () 1,
- Lean Meat () 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet