- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), melted
- 4 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 cups freshly grated dry Jack cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- Fresh pears, cored and cut into wedges
- Crostini (toasted baguette slices) or crackers
1. For crust, stir together cracker crumbs, the 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle three-fourths of crumb mixture into a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Press crumb mixture around sides of pan, then onto bottom of pan. Chill. Refrigerate remaining crumbs until ready to use.
2. Beat cream cheese, eggs, and whipping cream in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes until smooth. Stir in dry Jack or Parmesan cheese, Gruyere cheese, chives, and peppercorns with a rubber spatula until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top.
3. Set springform pan on a cookie sheet. Bake in a 300 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours. Reduce temperature to 200 degrees F and bake 30 minutes more. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool in pan for 20 minutes. Release cheesecake from springform pan.
- To serve, warm blade of a serrated knife under hot running water and cut cheesecake into wedges. Rewarm blade after each cut. Serve cheesecake warm with fresh pears and crostini or crackers. Makes 12 to 16 appetizer servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 590,
- Fat, total (g) 49,
- chol. (mg) 228,
- sat. fat (g) 32,
- carb. (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 29,
- vit. A (RE) 598,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 925,
- calcium (mg) 656,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet