- In a bowl combine sweet pepper, onion, vinegar, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Use an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides or a crepe pan. Spray cold skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl beat together egg product or eggs, chives, salt, and ground red pepper with an electric mixer on medium speed or a rotary beater until frothy.
- Pour mixture into prepared skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat without stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs begin to set. As eggs set, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. When eggs are set but still shiny, sprinkle with cheese. Top with 3/4 cup spinach and 2 tablespoons red pepper mixture. Fold one side of omelet partially over filling. Top with remaining 1/4 cup spinach and 1 tablespoon red pepper mixture. Reserve remaining red pepper mixture for another use. Transfer omelet to a plate. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired. Makes 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Casual Omelet)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 380 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet