Treat your family to Sunday brunch when you mix up this 30-minute frittata. Cottage cheese supplies extra protein without adding excessive calories.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 10 mins 400°F
pound fresh asparagus spears or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus
cup low-fat cottage cheese
teaspoons yellow mustard
dash of pepper
Nonstick spray coating
cup sliced fresh mushrooms
small tomato, cut into wedges, or 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Cook fresh asparagus spears in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Reserve 3 spears for garnish; cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Or, cook frozen asparagus according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat eggs until foamy. Beat in cottage cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray coating. Cook mushrooms over medium heat until just tender. Stir in asparagus pieces. Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and asparagus. (If using fresh asparagus, arrange the 3 reserved spears on top.)
- Cook mixture over low heat about 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles slightly and begins to set around the edges.
- Bake frittata, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until set. Garnish each serving with tomato. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Asparagus Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 183 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- 416 mg chol.,
- 375 mg sodium,
- 7 g carb.,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Egg Recipes, Breakfast and Brunch Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Easter Recipes, Egg Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Healthy Breakfast Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart Healthy Dinners, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes