- Slice 4 apricot halves for garnish, if desired; set aside. Chop remaining apricot halves. Place chopped apricots on paper towels to drain thoroughly.
- Place four 6-ounce custard cups or individual souffle dishes in a shallow baking pan. Divide the chopped apricots among the cups or dishes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and rum flavoring or almond extract. Pour the egg mixture over chopped apricots. Sprinkle with cardamom or nutmeg.
- Place the baking pan containing the cups or dishes in the oven. Pour boiling water around cups or dishes in pan to depth of 1 inch.
- Bake in a 325 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centers comes out clean. Remove cups or dishes from water. Serve custards warm. Garnish with the reserved apricot slices and fresh mint, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot Custards)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 108 mg chol.,
- 67 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet