Eggs and Greens Breakfast Pizza
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, place flatbreads directly on oven rack. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Arrange flatbreads on the prepared baking sheet. Increase oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread one-fourth of the pizza sauce over each flatbread. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, cooked sausage, and onion. Break an egg into a small dish*; make a small indentation in the center of one pizza and pour the egg into the indentation. Repeat with the remaining eggs and pizzas. Bake in the 450 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken.
- In a medium bowl toss together arugula, oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle arugula mixture with Parmesan cheese; serve with pizzas.
From the Test Kitchen
* This is in case the yolk breaks when you crack the egg. If it does, start over with another egg.
Nutrition Facts (Eggs and Greens Breakfast Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 593 kcal cal.,
- 30 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 g monounsatured fat),
- 250 mg chol.,
- 1122 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet