Eggplant-Beef Pasta Bake
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add eggplant; cook until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic to skillet. Cook until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir in eggplant, tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Spread mixture in a shallow baking pan to cool quickly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Stir pasta into meat mixture.
- Line a 2-quart baking dish or 8x8x1 3/4-inch square disposable foil pan with a triple layer of plastic wrap, extending the wrap to one side so there is enough to cover when folded back over dish. Transfer meat mixture to the prepared baking dish. Fold plastic wrap over food, then wrap dish completely in foil. Freeze for up to 4 months
- To serve, remove foil from baking dish. Lift frozen food out of dish and remove plastic wrap; return food to dish. Cover with foil and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, covered, about 75 minutes or until heated though (165 degrees F), stirring mixture once halfway through baking. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts (Eggplant-Beef Pasta Bake)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 29 mg chol.,
- 405 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet