- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 green onions
- 1 10 ounce packagefrozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemongrass or 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 clovesgarlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Assorted vegetable dippers (such as radishes, red sweet pepper strips, Belgian endive leaves, and/or jicama sticks)
1. Thinly slice green onions, keeping green tops separate from white bottoms; set aside. Cook edamame according to package directions, except omit salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Reserve a few edamame for garnish.
2. In a food processor, combine white parts of green onions, the remaining cooked edamame, parsley, the water, lemon juice, lemongrass, oil, garlic, ginger, and salt, Cover and process until nearly smooth. Stir in green onion tops.
3. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Garnish with the reserved edamame and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Serve with vegetable dippers.
- Prepare as directed, except cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 47,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 3,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 179,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet