Edamame, Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas with Lime Crema
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. For crema, in a small bowl combine sour cream, the 1 teaspoon lime peel, 2 teaspoons of the lime juice, the honey, and salt.
- For the crema, in a medium bowl combine soybeans and black beans. Use a potato masher to coarsely mash the beans, leaving some of them whole. Add half of the crema, the corn, green onions, cumin, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Arrange tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese over half of each tortilla. Top cheese with corn-bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro; fold unfilled halves of tortillas over filled halves, making half moon shapes.
- Arrange quesadillas on prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat tops of quesadillas with cooking spray. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve with the remaining crema; if desired, sprinkle with additional lime peel.
From the Test Kitchen
Fiber and protein-rich edamame are a natural source of antioxidants and isoflavones which may help reduce the risk of breast cancer and heart disease, as well as ease menopausal symptoms.
Nutrition Facts (Edamame, Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas with Lime Crema)
- Per serving:
- 341 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 19 mg chol.,
- 603 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet