Easy White Fudge
cups white baking pieces
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (1-1/4 cups)
cup chopped pecans, almonds, or macadamia nuts
teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
Coarsely chopped pecans, almonds, or macadamia nuts (optional)
- Line an 8x8x2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan cook and stir white baking pieces and sweetened condensed milk over low heat just until pieces melt and mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in the 1 cup nuts, the orange peel, and vanilla.
- Spread fudge evenly in the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with additional nuts; press lightly into fudge. If desired, score into 1-inch pieces. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into squares. Store, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts(Easy White Fudge)
- Per serving:
- 92 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g monounsatured fat),
- 2 mg chol.,
- 23 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 10 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet