Share your take on this idea!
Upload your photo here.
Upload your photo here.
Easy Orange Cake
- Prepare Candied Orange Slices. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch square baking pan. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Grease and flour pan; set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add orange juice, milk, butter, egg, vanilla, and orange peel. Beat with a mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Place on a serving plate. If desired, spread with frosting or dust with powdered sugar. Top with Candied Orange Slices.
- Cut one orange crosswise in thin 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch slices. Remove seeds. In a large skillet (at least 2 inches deep) combine 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to boiling. Add orange slices. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes until rinds become very tender. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer slices to baking sheet to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 3/4 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in 2 Tbsp. milk and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Gradually beat in an additional 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in the additional 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency.
Candied Orange Slices
- Cut 1 orange crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch slices, removing seeds. In a large skillet that is at least 2-inches deep combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring to boiling. Add orange slices. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes until rinds become very tender. Transfer slices to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cool completely.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Orange Cake )
- Per serving:
- 319 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 42 mg chol.,
- 144 mg sodium,
- 62 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 45 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet