Easy Oatmeal Bread
- In a large bowl combine milk, honey or brown sugar, yeast, and salt, stirring to dissolve yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add bread flour, egg, and oil to yeast mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Using a wooden spoon, stir in whole wheat flour and the 1/2 cup oats until combined. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes).
- Lightly coat a 953-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Stir down dough and spoon into prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 30 minutes). If desired, lightly brush top of loaf with water and sprinkle with additional rolled oats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 40 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Immediately remove bread from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Oatmeal Bread )
- Per serving:
- 156 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 18 mg chol.,
- 113 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet