Easy Marinated Shrimp Scampi for Two
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons dry white wine
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
teaspoon crushed red pepper
pound fresh or frozen extra-jumbo shrimp in shells (32 to 40)
tablespoon fresh parsley
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine olive oil, wine, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow bowl. Pour marinade over shrimp. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler. Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade. Arrange shrimp on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp over and brush with reserved marinade; discard any remaining marinade. Broil for 2 to 4 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque.
- Place shrimp on a serving platter; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts(Easy Marinated Shrimp Scampi for Two)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal cal.,
- 16 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 250 mg chol.,
- 1276 mg sodium,
- 3 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g sugar,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet