Easy Kale, Beef and White Bean Stew
pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
cup chopped onion (1 large)
14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
14 1/2 ounce can lower-sodium beef broth
tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika or paprika
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups fresh kale, rinsed, trimmed and chopped (about 1 bunch)
15 ounce can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker stir together beef, onion, tomatoes, broth, paprika, thyme, garlic, rosemary, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in kale and beans. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- To serve, stir in vinegar.
Nutrition Facts(Easy Kale, Beef and White Bean Stew)
- Per serving:
- 326 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 29 mg chol.,
- 562 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet