Easy Chocolate Fudge
Enjoy the original version of this easy-to-make creamy chocolate fudge, or customize the basic recipe to meet your preferences: buzz-worthy espresso, crunchy peanut butter, or raucous rocky road.
- Makes: 96 servings
- Serving Size: 1 piece plain and mocha variation
- Yields: 5 pounds
- Prep: 45 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs to 3 hrs
Easy Chocolate Fudge
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
- Butter the sides of a 3-quart heavy saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add milk chocolate, chocolate pieces, marshmallow creme, nuts (if desired), and vanilla. Stir until chocolates melt and mixture is combined. Using a wooden spoon beat for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture starts to become thicker.
- Immediately pour fudge into prepared pan; shake pan gently to spread fudge to edges of pan. Cover; chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to remove it from pan. Cut into squares. Place fudge in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days or chill for up to 1 month.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
Easy Mocha Fudge:
Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except stir 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals into the mixture with the vanilla.Nutrition Facts per piece: 90 cal., 3 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 22 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
Easy Rocky Road Fudge:
Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except after spreading fudge in pan, sprinkle top with 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup tiny marshmallows, and 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts.* Press mixture lightly into fudge. Chill as directed.Nutrition Facts per piece: 105 cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 23 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
Easy Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge:
Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except stir 1/2 cup peanut butter into mixture in saucepan before bringing to boiling and substitute 1 cup chopped peanuts for the walnuts.Nutrition Facts per piece: 107 cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 29 mg sodium, 17 g carb., 1 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Chocolate Fudge)
- Per serving:
- 90 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 mg chol.,
- 22 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet