- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce bar milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces (2 cups)
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
2. Butter the sides of a 3-quart heavy saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring for 10 minutes.
3. Remove saucepan from heat. Add milk chocolate, chocolate pieces, marshmallow creme, nuts (if desired), and vanilla. Stir until chocolates melt and mixture is combined. Using a wooden spoon beat for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture starts to become thicker.
4. Immediately pour fudge into prepared pan; shake pan gently to spread fudge to edges of pan. Cover; chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
5. When fudge is firm, use foil to remove it from pan. Cut into squares. Place fudge in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days or chill for up to 1 month.
- To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and stirring once or twice.
- Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except stir 2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee crystals into the mixture with the vanilla.Nutrition Facts per piece: 90 cal., 3 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 22 mg sodium, 16 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
- Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except after spreading fudge in pan, sprinkle top with 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup tiny marshmallows, and 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts.* Press mixture lightly into fudge. Chill as directed.Nutrition Facts per piece: 105 cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 23 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 0 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
- Prepare Easy Chocolate Fudge as directed, except stir 1/2 cup peanut butter into mixture in saucepan before bringing to boiling and substitute 1 cup chopped peanuts for the walnuts.Nutrition Facts per piece: 107 cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 mg chol., 29 mg sodium, 17 g carb., 1 g dietary fiber, 1 g protein.
- Servings Per Recipe 96,
- cal. (kcal) 90,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 2,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 16,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 22,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet