- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 8 ounce can almond paste, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 8 ounce package refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. For filling, in a medium bowl combine almond paste and 1 tablespoon of the cream. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until nearly smooth. Add the remaining cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until nearly smooth. Stir in chocolate.
2. Unroll dough and separate at perforations into eight triangles. Spoon filling onto wide ends of dough triangles; spread slightly. Starting at the wide end of each triangle, roll up dough around filling toward the point. Place, point sides down, on the prepared baking sheet; curve the ends.
3. In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Brush dough lightly with egg mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer croissants to a wire rack; cool slightly. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- Prepare and bake as directed; cool completely. Place croissants in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange croissants on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until warm.
- cal. (kcal) 296,
- Fat, total (g) 19,
- chol. (mg) 37,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 6,
- vit. A (IU) 146,
- sodium (mg) 261,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet