Easy Chocolate-Almond Croissants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside. For filling, in a medium bowl combine almond paste and 1 tablespoon of the cream. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until nearly smooth. Add the remaining cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until nearly smooth. Stir in chocolate.
- Unroll dough and separate at perforations into eight triangles. Spoon filling onto wide ends of dough triangles; spread slightly. Starting at the wide end of each triangle, roll up dough around filling toward the point. Place, point sides down, on the prepared baking sheet; curve the ends.
- In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Brush dough lightly with egg mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer croissants to a wire rack; cool slightly. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake as directed; cool completely. Place croissants in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange croissants on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Chocolate-Almond Croissants)
- Per serving:
- 296 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 37 mg chol.,
- 261 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet