Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round scallop-edge cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Using a 1-inch round scallop-edge cookie cutter, cut out the center of half of the cutouts.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm when lightly pressed with a finger. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Spread about two teaspoons dulce de leche on the flat side of a solid cookie. Top with a cutout cookie, bottom side down. Repeat with remaining cookies and dulce de leche.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 37 mg chol.,
- 200 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 19 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet