Wine to Warm You
slices fresh ginger
inches stick cinnamon, broken
750 milliliter bottle Bordeaux or Beaujolais wine
12 ounce can frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate
cup Triple Sec
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut wide strips of peel from the orange and lemon, avoiding the white pith underneath. Juice the orange and lemon.
- For a spice bag, cut a a 6-inch square from a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth. Place lemon peel, orange peel, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves in the center of the cloth. Bring the corners together and tie closed with 100%-cotton kitchen string.
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine wine, the water, juice concentrate, brandy, sugar, Triple Sec, citrus juices, and spice bag.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove spice bag and discard. Garnish each serving with orange slices and/or cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition Facts(Wine to Warm You)
- Per serving:
- 103 kcal cal.,
- 8 mg sodium,
- 15 g carb.,
- 12 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet