Keep the basic cocoa drink warm in the slow cooker, then let guests finish to their liking with cinnamon or coffee crystals.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 6 ounce
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs Low or High 1-1/2 hours
- In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker combine sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in milk until combined.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or keep covered on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in vanilla. If desired, carefully beat milk mixture with a rotary beater until frothy. Ladle cocoa into mugs. If desired, top each serving with marshmallows or whipped cream. Makes 10 (6-ounce) servings.
Prepare as directed, except add 3/4 teaspoon instant coffee crystals to each mug of prepared cocoa; stir to mix.
Prepare as directed, except add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg with the cocoa powder before cooking.
- Per serving:
- 174 kcal cal.,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 3 g monounsatured fat),
- 15 mg chol.,
- 98 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 23 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet