Tea and Cider Wassail
Let the flavors of tea, four fruit juices, and spices brew in your slow cooker. Serve the festive drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Makes: 22 servings
- Serving Size: 8 ounces
- Yields: 22 (8-ounce) servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- In a 6- to 8-quart Dutch oven, combine tea, cranberry juice, apple cider, orange juice, sugar, and lemon juice. For spice bag, place cinnamon and cloves in the center of a double-thick, 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring the corners of the cheesecloth together and tie with clean string. Add spice bag to juice mixture.
- Bring mixture to boiling, stirring with a wooden spoon to dissolve sugar; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove and discard spice bag.
- To serve, ladle the wassail into a heatproof punch bowl. If desired, garnish with apple slices. Makes about 22 (8-ounce) servings
Combine all the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Remove and discard spice bag. Keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- 139 kcal cal.;
- 35 g carb.;
- 97 IU vit. A;
- 0 mg iron;
- 10 mg calcium;
- 52 mg vit. C;
- 4 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet