- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) or frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 recipe Ghostly Meringue Eyes
1. In a blender combine yogurt, fruit and, if desired, honey. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Serve immediately with Ghostly Meringue Eyes. Makes 3 or 4 servings.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- black or dark brown candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
1. Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
2. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating about 4 minutes on high speed until stiff peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved.
3. Place meringue in a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip. Pipe meringue onto the prepared baking sheets in pairs of 1- to 2-inch mounds that touch each other, forming eyeballs. Place the eyeball pairs about 1 inch apart. If desired, make some round and some oval. Gently press a black or dark brown candy-coated milk chocolate piece off-center into each mound to make googly eyes. Bake in the preheated oven on two oven racks for 10 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues dry in oven with door closed for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely on cookie sheets. When they're completely cooled, insert the pointed end of a 6- to 8-inch wooden skewer into the bottom center of each meringue. Makes about 48 pairs.