sticks cinnamon, broken into 1-inch pieces
32 ounce bottle cranberry juice (4 cups)
cup packed brown sugar
750 milliliter bottle white Zinfandel or dry white wine
Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks (optional)
- For spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of cheesecloth square. Bring up corners of cheesecloth and tie closed with clean 100%-cotton kitchen string.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine spice bag, cranberry juice, and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove spice bag.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir wine into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, serve with Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks.
- Break or crush cinnamon sticks into long, thin pieces. Thread fresh cranberries onto the cinnamon pieces.
Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks:
Nutrition Facts(Scarlet Wine-Punch)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 6 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 15 g sugar,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet