- Makes: 14 servings
- Serving Size: 4 ounce
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs to 4 hrs (Low) or High 1 to 1 1/2 hours, plus 30 minutes (High)
sticks cinnamon, broken into 1-inch pieces
32 ounce bottle cranberry juice (4 cups)
cup packed brown sugar
750 milliliter bottle white Zinfandel or dry white wine
Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks (optional)
- For spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of cheesecloth square. Bring up corners of cheesecloth and tie closed with clean 100%-cotton kitchen string.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine spice bag, cranberry juice, and brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove spice bag.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir wine into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep warm on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- If desired, serve with Cranberry-Cinnamon Swizzle Sticks.
- Break or crush cinnamon sticks into long, thin pieces. Thread fresh cranberries onto the cinnamon pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Scarlet Wine-Punch)
- 99 kcal cal.;
- 0 g Fat, total;
- 0 mg chol.;
- 0 g sat. fat;
- 16 g carb.;
- 0 g Monosaturated fat;
- 0 g Polyunsaturated fat;
- 0 g fiber;
- 15 g sugar;
- 0 g pro.;
- 0 µg Folate;
- 0 µg Cobalamin (Vit. B12);
- 0 IU vit. A;
- 0 mg Niacin;
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 0 mg iron;
- 0 mg Thiamin;
- 25 mg vit. C;
- 0 mg Pyridoxine (Vit. B6);
- 6 mg sodium;
- 84 mg Potassium;
- 10 mg calcium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet