- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 cups strawberry-flavored juice blend or strawberry drink, chilled
- 2 cups fresh or frozen, unsweetened strawberries
- 1 8 ounce carton plain yogurt
- 2 - 4 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Toasted wheat germ with brown sugar and honey (optional)
1. In a blender container combine strawberry juice blend, strawberries, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Cover and blend until nearly smooth (there should be small chunks of strawberry still visible).
2. Divide among 4 glasses. Sprinkle with wheat germ, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Substitute orange or orange-tangerine juice for the strawberry juice blend and 1 cup cubed cantaloupe for the strawberries.
- Substitute a kiwifruit juice blend for the strawberry juice blend and 1 cup peeled cut-up kiwifruit for the strawberries.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 142,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 30,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. C (mg) 43,
- sodium (mg) 53,
- calcium (mg) 111,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet