- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 whole cardamom pods
- 16 whole cloves
- 3 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 2 750 milliliter bottle dry red wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 oranges, halved
- Orange slices, halved (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. For spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100 percent cotton cheesecloth into a 5- or 6-inch square. Pinch cardamom pods to break open. Place cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon in center of cheesecloth square. Bring up corners of cheesecloth and tie with a clean string.
2. In a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker combine wine, water, and corn syrup. Add spice bag.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. (Do not let boil.) Add orange halves the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Remove spice bag and orange halves and discard.
4. To serve, ladle beverage into cups. If desired, float a fresh orange slice atop each serving and add a cinnamon stick. Makes 12 (6-ounce) servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 180,
- carb. (g) 25,
- pro. (g) 1,
- sodium (mg) 102,
- Potassium (mg) 236,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet