- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 - 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked (or 1/2 teaspoon seed)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. In a large saucepan combine apple cider or juice and brown sugar.
2. For the spice bag, place cardamom seeds and whole allspice on a double-thick, 6-inch-square piece of 100-percent cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners together and tie with a string. Add bag to cider mixture.
3. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard spice bag. To serve, pour mulled cider into a large heatproof punch bowl or mugs. If desired, garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick. Makes 8 (8-ounce) servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 135,
- carb. (g) 37,
- vit. C (mg) 2,
- sodium (mg) 8,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet