- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 10 ounce package (1-2/3 cups) mint-flavored semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Layer sugar, cocoa powder, milk powder, and chocolate pieces in two 2-cup milk bottles or jars, dividing equally. Add additional chocolate pieces to bottles or jars to fill small gaps, if necessary. Tightly cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 weeks.Preparation Directions::
2. In a large saucepan combine contents of one jar with 1-2/3 cups water. Heat and stir over medium heat until hot and chocolate pieces have melted. Pour into 4 mugs and serve with peppermint sticks or candy canes, if desired. Makes enough for 8 servings.
- You will need a milk bottle (available in antique stores and at flea markets), ribbon, candy cane, and scissors.
- First place the cocoa mix in the bottle according to the directions, above. Tie a ribbon around a candy cane for extra embellishment. Trim the ribbon ends, if needed. Include preparation directions with gift.
- Use ribbon to tie a decorative stirring spoon to the neck of the milk bottle.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 293,
- Fat, total (g) 11,
- chol. (mg) 2,
- sat. fat (g) 5,
- carb. (g) 35,
- fiber (g) 5,
- pro. (g) 5,
- vit. A (RE) 52,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 66,
- calcium (mg) 182,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet