Serve this orange-flavored drink with Signet marigold sprigs to accompany summer snacks.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup syrup and 1/2 cup carbonated water
- Yields: Makes 1-2/3 cups syrup
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: overnight
- Cook: 10 mins
- In a large saucepan combine water and sugar. Add orange slices. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marigold sprigs. Cover; steep for 3 minutes. Strain syrup with a fine mesh sieve; discard sprigs. Cool syrup completely. Cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, pour about 1/4 cup syrup and 1/2 cup carbonated water into a glass filled with ice cubes. (For a less sweet beverage, add additional carbonated water to taste). Float additional marigold sprigs in each glass. Makes 6 servings (1 2/3 cups syrup).
Nutrition Facts (Marigold Sipper)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal cal.,
- 34 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 43 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet