- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 10 large lemons
- 1 750 milliliter bottle vodka
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
1. Scrub lemons with a vegetable brush. Using a vegetable peeler, carefully cut enough of the yellow peel away from the white pith to make 2 cups lemon peel. (If desired, juice lemons and reserve for another use.)
2. In a large glass pitcher or bowl, combine the 2 cups lemon peel and the vodka. Cover tightly and let stand in a cool, dry place for 10 days, gently swirling the mixture in the pitcher each day. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard lemon peel. Return the lemon-infused vodka to the pitcher.
3. For syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool to room temperature.
4. Pour syrup into the lemon-infused vodka; stir to combine. Cover and chill overnight. Pour limoncello through a funnel into clean bottles; secure lids. Store in the refrigerator.
- Servings Per Recipe 56,
- cal. (kcal) 72,
- carb. (g) 11,
- sugar (g) 11,
- sodium (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet