750 milliliter bottle vodka
- Scrub lemons with a vegetable brush. Using a vegetable peeler, carefully cut enough of the yellow peel away from the white pith to make 2 cups lemon peel. (If desired, juice lemons and reserve for another use.)
- In a large glass pitcher or bowl, combine the 2 cups lemon peel and the vodka. Cover tightly and let stand in a cool, dry place for 10 days, gently swirling the mixture in the pitcher each day. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard lemon peel. Return the lemon-infused vodka to the pitcher.
- For syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour syrup into the lemon-infused vodka; stir to combine. Cover and chill overnight. Pour limoncello through a funnel into clean bottles; secure lids. Store in the refrigerator.
- Per serving:
- 72 kcal cal.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 11 g carb.,
- 11 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet