- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 1 6 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 6 ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Orange curls (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan combine water, sugar, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool mixture; cover and let steep in refrigerator for several hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare apple and orange juices according to product instructions. In a large container combine the apple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice. Cover and chill. Strain steeped ginger mixture. In a punch bowl stir together fruit juices and ginger mixture. Reserve 8 lemon or orange slices. Float remaining fruit slices in the punch. Cut reserved fruit slices in half. Garnish each cup with half a fruit slice and an orange curl, if desired. Makes sixteen (4-ounce) servings.
- Prepare the ginger mixture; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Prepare and combine the fruit juices; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Before serving, strain the ginger mixture and combine with chilled fruit juices.