- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 1/8-inch slices fresh ginger
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary or fresh mint, or 2 strips lemon peel*
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
1. Pour water in cup. Add fresh ginger, rosemary, and honey. Stir to dissolve honey. Steep 5 minutes. Remove ginger and rosemary or, for intense ginger and rosemary flavor, leave in ginger and rosemary while sipping. Makes 1 serving.
- Use only yellow peel; avoid the white pith of the lemon.
- Prepare Ginger Tea; remove ginger and rosemary. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours. Serve over ice.
- Prepare Iced Ginger Tea using six 1/8-inch slices of fresh ginger. Pour tea in tall ice-filled glass. Pour in calorie-free ginger ale, carbonated water, or sparkling white wine.
- Servings Per Recipe 1,
- cal. (kcal) 11,
- carb. (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 3,
- sodium (mg) 47,
- Potassium (mg) 4,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet