- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut-up
- 1/4 of a sweet pepper, seeded and cut up
- 1 small green onion, cut-up (white part only)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper
- bottled hot pepper sauce
- purchased tomato juice
- pickled banana pepper (optional)
1. Place tomato; jalapeno pepper; sweet pepper*; the white part of a small green onion; and the juice from half a lime in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and bottled hot pepper sauce. If necessary, add purchased tomato juice or water to reach desired consistency. Pour into small glasses. Top with a pickled banana pepper, if desired.
- Use red sweet pepper with red tomatoes and yellow sweet pepper with yellow tomatoes.
- This juice is a great use for an abundance of garden veggies. The juice is a source of vitamins, antioxidants, lycopene -- and is fairly low in calories.