Frozen Hot Chocolate
This thick, frosty cold chocolate drink is sweet enough for dessert. Or just enjoy it as a cool snack.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Freeze: 6 hrs to overnight
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the 2 3/4 cups milk. Whisk in enough of the remaining 2 3/4 cups milk to make a paste. Whisk in the remainder of the 2 3/4 cups milk. Heat and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour chocolate mixture into clean ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for 6 hours to overnight.
- Run hot water on bottom of ice cube trays to help release chocolate cubes. Place chocolate cubes in a large food processor. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons milk. Cover and process until mixture is smooth and lightened in color.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture into each of eight 6-ounce glasses. Using the 1 to 2 cups milk, spoon 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of the milk on top of chocolate mixture in each glass; stir slightly. If desired, garnish with marshmallows.
Prepare as directed through step 3. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 days. If frozen more than 4 hours, let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- Per serving:
- 141 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 6 mg chol.,
- 50 mg sodium,
- 28 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet