- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 - 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup tiny marshmallows (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the 2 3/4 cups milk. Whisk in enough of the remaining 2 3/4 cups milk to make a paste. Whisk in the remainder of the 2 3/4 cups milk. Heat and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into clean ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for 6 hours to overnight.
3. Run hot water on bottom of ice cube trays to help release chocolate cubes. Place chocolate cubes in a large food processor. Add the reserved 2 tablespoons milk. Cover and process until mixture is smooth and lightened in color.
4. To serve, spoon 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture into each of eight 6-ounce glasses. Using the 1 to 2 cups milk, spoon 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of the milk on top of chocolate mixture in each glass; stir slightly. If desired, garnish with marshmallows.
- Prepare as directed through step 3. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 days. If frozen more than 4 hours, let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 141,
- Fat, total (g) 2,
- chol. (mg) 6,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 28,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 50,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet