Frog in a Blender
3 ounces packages lime-flavored gelatin
3 ounce package orange-flavored gelatin
3 ounce package cherry-flavored gelatin
12 ounces cans or bottles lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
10-ounce jar red maraschino cherries, drained and stemmed
Rubber frogs (optional)
- Prepare each package of gelatin according to package directions, except add only the boiling water called for; stir to dissolve the gelatin. Do not add any additional water.
- Prepare lime-flavored gelatin in a 4-cup container; prepare orange- and cherry-flavored gelatins in separate 2-cup containers. Cover the containers and chill at least 2 hours or until set.
- Cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes. Place about one-third of each flavor of gelatin in a blender container. Add one can or bottle of lemon-lime carbonated beverage.
- Cover and pulse with 2 to 3 on/off turns or until the gelatin and broken up into smaller pieces. Stir in one-third of the cherries. Pour into serving glasses.
- Repeat with the remaining gelatin and carbonated beverage. If desired, garnish with rubber frogs.