- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 12 whole cloves
- 1/2 12 ounce can frozen cranberry juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 12 ounce can frozen raspberry juice blend concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1 6 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup brandy or rum or 6 regular tea bags (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 4- to 6-inch cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. To make spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of square. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with clean string.
2. Combine the thawed cranberry juice concentrate, raspberry juice blend concentrate, apple juice concentrate, sugar, lemon juice, and 8 cups water in a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker. Add the spice bag to the juice mixture.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard. If desired, about 5 minutes before serving, add brandy or rum or the tea bags to the crockery cooker. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags, if using.
4. To serve, ladle beverage into mugs or cups. If desired, add an orange slice and cinnamon stick to each serving. Makes fourteen 6-ounce servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 14,
- cal. (kcal) 97,
- carb. (g) 25,
- vit. C (mg) 13,
- sodium (mg) 11,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet