A slow cooker brings make-ahead ease to this recipe. The combination of cranberry, raspberry, and apple juices and a spark of lemon mark this recipe as a spirited mix with or without brandy or rum!
- Makes: 14 servings
- Serving Size: 6 ounce
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins High temp
- To make spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of square. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with clean string.
- Combine the thawed cranberry juice concentrate, raspberry juice blend concentrate, apple juice concentrate, sugar, lemon juice, and 8 cups water in a 3-1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker. Add the spice bag to the juice mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard. If desired, about 5 minutes before serving, add brandy or rum or the tea bags to the crockery cooker. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags, if using.
- To serve, ladle beverage into mugs or cups. If desired, add an orange slice and cinnamon stick to each serving. Makes fourteen 6-ounce servings.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Sipper)
- Per serving:
- 97 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 11 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet