- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 8 ounce
- Yields: 64 ounces
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs to 7 hrs (Low) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours(high)
- For spice bag, cut a 6- or 8-inch square from a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Place cinnamon and allspice in center of cheesecloth square. Bring corners of cheesecloth together and tie with a clean cotton string.
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker combine apple cider, cranberry juice, and sugar substitute. Add spice bag to cider mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle cider into cups. Float a lemon slice in each cup. Makes 8 (8-ounce) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To break cinnamon sticks, place in a heavy plastic bag and gently pound sticks with a meat mallet.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Apple Cider)
- Per serving:
- 81 kcal cal.,
- 22 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet