- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 inches stick cinnamon, broken*
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 cups low-calorie cranberry juice cocktail (sweetened with Splenda)
- 1/4 cup no-calorie, heat-stable, granular sugar substitute (Splenda)
- Lemon slices
1. For spice bag, cut a 6- or 8-inch square from a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Place cinnamon and allspice in center of cheesecloth square. Bring corners of cheesecloth together and tie with a clean cotton string.
2. In a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker combine apple cider, cranberry juice, and sugar substitute. Add spice bag to cider mixture in cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle cider into cups. Float a lemon slice in each cup. Makes 8 (8-ounce) servings.
- To break cinnamon sticks, place in a heavy plastic bag and gently pound sticks with a meat mallet.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 81,
- carb. (g) 20,
- vit. A (IU) 97,
- vit. C (mg) 40,
- sodium (mg) 22,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet