- Makes: 13 servings
- Serving Size: 6 ounce
- Prep: 10 mins
- Slow Cook: 5 hrs to 6 hrs (low) or 2 1/2 to 3 hours (high)
- In a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, combine cider, orange juice, lemon juice, and honey. Stir to dissolve honey.
- For a spice bag, cut a 6-inch square from a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth. Place cinnamon, cloves, and ginger in the center of the cloth. Bring the corners together and tie closed with 100%-cotton kitchen string. Add spice bag to slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
If you squeeze fresh oranges and lemons for the juice, use a vegetable peeler to cut several wide strips of peel from the fruit, avoiding the white pith underneath. Add the peel to the spice bag.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus Cider)
- Per serving:
- 89 kcal cal.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 7 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet