- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 16 ounce package frozen unsweetened whole strawberries or sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 750 milliliter bottle champagne or sparkling wine or 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1. Thaw fruit at room temperature but do not drain. Place fruit and any juice in a blender container or food processor bowl. Add sugar. Cover and blend or process until smooth. To remove strawberry seeds, pour mixture through a fine sieve or a sieve lined with a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth.
2. Transfer pureed fruit to a 2-quart pitcher. Stir in orange juice and lemon or lime juice. Slowly stir in champagne, sparkling wine, or pineapple juice. Serve over ice. Makes about 12 (5-ounce) servings.
- Up to 24 hours ahead, puree the fruit and combine with orange juice and lemon or lime juice in a pitcher. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours ahead. Before serving, stir in champagne or pineapple juice. Serve as directed.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 95,
- carb. (g) 14,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 10,
- vit. C (mg) 40,
- sodium (mg) 2,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet